HERO

Assalamualaikum.

You were alway there,
Each and everyday showing me that you cared.

Spoiling me with every chance that you had,
Letting me know that is okay to be sad.

After school,you checked on me day after day,
Listening to every word I had to say.

Each moment we spent together,
Will be special to me forever.

My best memories are those at the time of year,
When we decorated for Hari Raya Eidulfitri with care.

Allahuakbar....

Twelve years I kept you in my sight,
Now all I can do is hold the memories tight.

The day your soul drifted away high,
My heart knew and all I could do was cry,
I'm only a twelve years girl,
I can't do anything at that moment.

A half hour later, I was pulled out of class,
To find my father in a state of distress.

When my eyes met his eyes,
We both broke down into tears.

I have spent two years trying to put it in my past,
A part of my heart left with you.

Em, once I thought the part of me that went with you,
was lost forever and would not be put to a good use.

Now I realize that I never lost part of my soul,
I simply shared it with you to keep us together.

You watched over me while you were here,
And I know that you will watch over me from up there.

I love you,grandpa.
Infinity and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment